Jump to Main Content
- Loganayaki, N.; Siddhuraju, P.; Manian, S.
- CyTA: journal of food 2011 v.9 no.1 pp. 8-16
- Acacia auriculiformis; Cajanus cajan; antioxidant activity; chelation; diammonium phosphate; dose response; emulsions; free radical scavengers; hydroxyl radicals; in vitro studies; legumes; linoleic acid; models; peroxidation; proanthocyanidins; seed extracts; tannins
- ... The total phenolic content and antioxidant activities of Acacia auriculiformis, Acacia ferruginea and Cajanus cajan seed extracts were examined. The investigation revealed that raw and processed seed extracts had substantial concentration of dietary phenolics including tannins and high molecular condensed tannins; however, no condensed tannins were detected in A. auriculiformis. The antioxidant ac ...
- Jayadeep, A.; Malleshi, N. G.
- CyTA: journal of food 2011 v.9 no.1 pp. 82-87
- antioxidant activity; biotransformation; brown rice; drying; functional foods; gamma-tocotrienol; germination; hulling; insoluble fiber; nutrient content; nutrients; nutritive value; oryzanol; rough rice; scanning electron microscopy; soluble fiber; starch granules; sugars; tocopherols
- ... Composition of nutraceuticals and nutrients of two varieties of rough rice subjected to biotransformation by germination for 120 h, drying and dehusking, compared to respective control brown rice. An increase in the content of free sugars and soluble fiber, and decrease in insoluble fiber and fat was observed in nutrient composition. Different forms (δ, γ, & α) of tocotrienols and tocopherols were ...