Jump to Main Content
- Ziobro, Rafał, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- CyTA: journal of food 2017 v.15 no.4 pp. 629-638
- cohesion; consumer acceptance; freeze drying; gluten-free bread; hardness; insoluble fiber; nutrient content; nutrients; nutritive value; potatoes
- ... The aim of the study was to compare nutritional composition and physical properties of gluten-free bread samples with a 5% addition of freeze-dried red potatoes (variety: Blue Star, Magenta Love, Violeta), in order to check the suitability for nutritional enrichment of such products. It was observed that the use of potato variety Magenta Love resulted in the most beneficial nutritional quality of ...
- Ziobro, Rafał, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- CyTA: journal of food 2015 v.13 no.3 pp. 353-360
- Avena sativa; additives; antioxidant activity; byproducts; corn; corn meal; dietary fiber; extrusion; hardness; insoluble fiber; manufacturing; oat flour; oats; polyphenols; processing technology; raw materials; sensory properties; snacks; texture; water binding capacity
- ... Extrusion technology is used to produce snacks from various raw materials, including by-products. One such by-product is residual oat (Avena sativa L.) flour (ROF), which is obtained as a by-product in the production of Betaven. The aim of this study was to prepare extrudates based on cornmeal with varying proportions of ROF, and to investigate the influence of applied additives on nutritional and ...