Jump to Main Content
- Urrea-Garcia, Galo Rafael, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- CyTA: journal of food 2018 v.16 no.1 pp. 127-134
- Spondias purpurea; color; energy; freeze drying; models; pectins; plums; raw fruit; rehydration; specific heat; thermal conductivity; water activity; water content
- ... Plum slices (diameter 2.5 cm and thickness 0.2 cm) were dried using vertical tray-drying (VTD) and freeze-drying. Models were used to determine the thermal conductivity (k) and specific heat (Cₚ). In addition, water activity (aw), colour total change (∆E), pectin yield (yₚₑc) and rehydration capacity were investigated. The moisture content of tray- and freeze-dried plum was relatively significant ...
- Campos-Montiel, Rafael G., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- CyTA: journal of food 2015 v.13 no.2 pp. 253-258
- acetic acid; collagen; denaturation; differential scanning calorimetry; enzymatic treatment; hydrodynamics; hydroxyproline; molecular weight; pH; pepsin; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; rabbits; rheometers; sodium dodecyl sulfate; temperature; viscosity
- ... Extraction and characterization of collagen were carried out in rabbit skins as a new alternative for collagen type I. Acetic acid and pepsin were for the extraction of soluble and insoluble collagen, respectively. The enzymatic treatment yielded higher amount of collagen (71%). The average pH value was 6.3, no matter what the method of extraction was. Denaturation temperature of collagen was foun ...