Jump to Main Content
- Romeih, Ehab A.; Abdel-Hamid, Mahmoud; Awad, Awad A.
- Dairy science & technology 2014 v.94 no.3 pp. 297-309
- buffaloes; buttermilk; consumer demand; lipid content; molecular weight; pH; protein aggregates; protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase; scanning electron microscopes; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; skim milk; water holding capacity; yogurt
- ... To meet the increased consumer demand for yogurt with reduced fat content, various efforts have been made to improve the quality of reduced-fat variants that still is regarded as having inferior quality. As an alternative, a yogurt was produced from buffalo skim milk with the addition of microbial transglutaminase (TG; 1 U.g⁻¹ₚᵣₒₜₑᵢₙ) and buttermilk powder (BMP; 1 and 2% “w/w”). For comparison, a ...
- Todaro, Massimo; Bonanno, Adriana; Scatassa, Maria Luisa
- Dairy science & technology 2014 v.94 no.3 pp. 225-239
- autumn; bulk milk; casein; cheese milk; climate; conjugated linoleic acid; consumer demand; dairies; ewes; fresh cheeses; lactose; milk; monounsaturated fatty acids; multivariate analysis; nutritive value; plate count; polyunsaturated fatty acids; protected designation of origin; rearing; somatic cell count; spring; summer; urea; winter; Sicily
- ... In response to the growing consumer demand for fresh cheese in summer, this investigation was aimed to evaluate the chemical and microbiological characteristics of sheep’s milk and cheese produced in Sicily in the hot summer months. A total of 810 bulk milk samples collected from 17 farms rearing ewes of the Valle del Belice breed were analysed for chemical composition, somatic cell count, total b ...