Jump to Main Content
- Perotti, María Cristina; Wolf, Irma Verónica; Addis, Margherita; Comunian, Roberta; Paba, Antonio; Meinardi, Carlos Alberto
- Dairy science & technology 2014 v.94 no.3 pp. 255-267
- Bifidobacterium animalis; Lactobacillus acidophilus; bacteria; cheeses; conjugated linoleic acid; ewes; fatty acid composition; lipolysis; markets; milk; nitrogen; probiotics
- ... The market of cheeses from ewe’s milk has been growing steadily in Argentina. The nutritional benefits of these products can be enhanced by adding probiotic cultures. In the present study, the survival of a mix of probiotic microorganisms (Lactobacillus acidophilus La-5 and Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis Bb12) in a semi-hard ovine cheese, manufactured with a technology previously developed i ...
- Todaro, Massimo; Bonanno, Adriana; Scatassa, Maria Luisa
- Dairy science & technology 2014 v.94 no.3 pp. 225-239
- autumn; bulk milk; casein; cheese milk; climate; conjugated linoleic acid; consumer demand; dairies; ewes; fresh cheeses; lactose; milk; monounsaturated fatty acids; multivariate analysis; nutritive value; plate count; polyunsaturated fatty acids; protected designation of origin; rearing; somatic cell count; spring; summer; urea; winter; Sicily
- ... In response to the growing consumer demand for fresh cheese in summer, this investigation was aimed to evaluate the chemical and microbiological characteristics of sheep’s milk and cheese produced in Sicily in the hot summer months. A total of 810 bulk milk samples collected from 17 farms rearing ewes of the Valle del Belice breed were analysed for chemical composition, somatic cell count, total b ...