Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2018 v.84 pp. 382-395
- Crustacea; Gram-positive bacteria; ambient temperature; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; antimicrobial peptides; bacterial infections; basins; cell structures; cell wall components; fish; freshwater crustaceans; fungi; habitats; immune response; minimum inhibitory concentration; pathogens; shrimp
- ... Anti-lipopolysaccharide factor (ALF) is a type of antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) with a vital role in antimicrobial defense. Although a large amount of ALFs have been identified from neritic and fresh water crustacean species, no functional investigation of ALFs from deep-sea animals have been documented. In the present study, we characterized the immune function of an ALF molecule (named RspALF1) ...
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2018 v.89 pp. 152-162
- Crassostrea gigas; Western blotting; cathepsins; cell-mediated immunity; coumarin; cysteine proteinases; dose response; flow cytometry; fluorescence; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genetic markers; granulocytes; hemocytes; hepatopancreas; immune response; immunohistochemistry; messenger RNA; oysters; pathogens; phagocytes; proteins; proteolysis; tissues
- ... Cathepsin L1 (CTSL1) is a lysosomal cysteine protease with a papain-like structure. It is known to be implicated in multiple processes of immune response against pathogen infection based on the proteolytic activity. In the present study, a CTSL1 homologue (designated as CgCTSL1) was identified from Crassostrea gigas. It contained a typically single Pept_C1 domain with three conserved catalytically ...