Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2015 v.53 no.1 pp. 253-264
- Crassostrea gigas; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Staphylococcus aureus; Vibrio splendidus; amino acids; apoptosis; binding capacity; cell adhesion; complementary DNA; dissociation; dose response; gene expression; hemocytes; hepatopancreas; integrins; latex; lipopolysaccharides; messenger RNA; muscles; open reading frames; oysters; peptidoglycans; phagocytosis; polyclonal antibodies; polypeptides
- ... Integrins are a family of cell adhesion molecules which play important roles in the regulation of cell adhesion, migration, proliferation, apoptosis and phagocytosis. In the present study, the immune function of an integrin from the oyster Crassostrea gigas (designated CgIntegrin) was characterized to understand the regulatory mechanism of hemocyte phagocytosis toward different microbes. The full- ...
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2015 v.49 no.2 pp. 217-224
- Crassostrea gigas; G-protein coupled receptors; amino acids; antagonists; antibacterial properties; calcium; complementary DNA; cyclic AMP; gills; hemocytes; hepatopancreas; homeostasis; immune response; immunocytes; immunomodulation; kidneys; ligands; messenger RNA; muscles; narcotics; oysters; pathogens; second messengers
- ... Opioid receptors (OR) are a group of G protein-coupled receptors with opioids as ligands, which play an important role in triggering the second messengers to modulate immune response in vertebrate immunocytes. In the present study, the full length cDNA of a homologue of δ-opioid receptor (DOR) for [Met5]-enkaphalin was cloned from oyster Crassostrea gigas (designated as CgDOR), which was 1104 bp e ...