Jump to Main Content
- Thulasitha, William Shanthakumar, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2017 v.67 pp. 43-56
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Sebastes melanops; Sebastes schlegeli; Streptococcus iniae; antioxidant activity; cell death; disulfide bonds; dose response; free radical scavengers; genes; homeostasis; innate immunity; insulin; lipids; messenger RNA; mitochondria; recombinant proteins; redox potential; transcription (genetics)
- ... Elevated levels of ROS can cause serious intracellular damages by reacting readily with nucleic acids, proteins and lipids, thus triggering tissue damage and cell death. Thioredoxin system is one of the principal factors that maintain the intracellular redox balance via its antioxidant property. In this study, we characterized two new thioredoxin isoforms (SsTXN-like 1 and SsMtTXN-like) from black ...
- Thulasitha, William Shanthakumar, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2016 v.56 pp. 13-24
- Edwardsiella tarda; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Miamiensis avidus; Oplegnathus fasciatus; Streptococcus iniae; Vibrio tapetis; amino acids; bacteria; bacterial artificial chromosomes; bream; carbohydrate binding; complement; complementary DNA; exons; gene expression; genomic libraries; gills; introns; lectins; messenger RNA; open reading frames; parasites; pathogens; phagocytosis; phylogeny; receptors; sequence alignment; signal peptide; spleen; transcription (genetics)
- ... Galectins, a family of β-galactoside-binding lectins, are pattern recognition receptors that recognize pathogen-associated molecular patterns and are subsequently involved in the opsonization, phagocytosis, complement activation, and killing of microbes. Here, we report a novel galectin related protein (GRP) identified from rock bream (Oplegnathus fasciatus), designated OfGal like B. The cDNA of O ...