Jump to Main Content
- Sisi Gao; Pierre J. Deviche
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2018 v.84 pp. 427-435
- Passer domesticus; antagonists; antibacterial properties; birds; complement; corticosterone; genomics; glucocorticoid receptors; innate immunity; males
- ... Stress-induced inhibition of innate immune activity is widespread in free-ranging birds, but the mechanisms that are responsible for this inhibition are poorly understood. We previously demonstrated that an increase in plasma corticosterone (CORT), the primary avian glucocorticoid, is necessary for the inhibition of natural antibody- and complement-mediated as well as bactericidal activities to oc ...
- Zhaoqun Liu; Zhi Zhou; Lingling Wang; Shuai Jiang; Weilin Wang; Ran Zhang; Linsheng Song
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2015 v.49 no.2 pp. 217-224
- Crassostrea gigas; G-protein coupled receptors; amino acids; antagonists; antibacterial properties; calcium; complementary DNA; cyclic AMP; gills; hemocytes; hepatopancreas; homeostasis; immune response; immunocytes; immunomodulation; kidneys; ligands; messenger RNA; muscles; narcotics; oysters; pathogens; second messengers
- ... Opioid receptors (OR) are a group of G protein-coupled receptors with opioids as ligands, which play an important role in triggering the second messengers to modulate immune response in vertebrate immunocytes. In the present study, the full length cDNA of a homologue of δ-opioid receptor (DOR) for [Met5]-enkaphalin was cloned from oyster Crassostrea gigas (designated as CgDOR), which was 1104 bp e ...