Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2018 v.84 pp. 382-395
- Crustacea; Gram-positive bacteria; ambient temperature; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; antimicrobial peptides; bacterial infections; basins; cell structures; cell wall components; fish; freshwater crustaceans; fungi; habitats; immune response; minimum inhibitory concentration; pathogens; shrimp
- ... Anti-lipopolysaccharide factor (ALF) is a type of antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) with a vital role in antimicrobial defense. Although a large amount of ALFs have been identified from neritic and fresh water crustacean species, no functional investigation of ALFs from deep-sea animals have been documented. In the present study, we characterized the immune function of an ALF molecule (named RspALF1) ...
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2015 v.49 no.2 pp. 217-224
- Crassostrea gigas; G-protein coupled receptors; amino acids; antagonists; antibacterial properties; calcium; complementary DNA; cyclic AMP; gills; hemocytes; hepatopancreas; homeostasis; immune response; immunocytes; immunomodulation; kidneys; ligands; messenger RNA; muscles; narcotics; oysters; pathogens; second messengers
- ... Opioid receptors (OR) are a group of G protein-coupled receptors with opioids as ligands, which play an important role in triggering the second messengers to modulate immune response in vertebrate immunocytes. In the present study, the full length cDNA of a homologue of δ-opioid receptor (DOR) for [Met5]-enkaphalin was cloned from oyster Crassostrea gigas (designated as CgDOR), which was 1104 bp e ...