Jump to Main Content
- Thulasitha, William Shanthakumar, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2017 v.71 pp. 70-81
- polypeptides; bream; recombinant proteins; amino acids; intestines; carbohydrate binding; screening; introns; tissues; pathogens; sequence analysis; lactose; complementary DNA; Oplegnathus fasciatus; exons; hemagglutination; liver; galactose; lectins; bacteria
- ... A β-galactoside binding lectin, designated as galectin-2, was identified and characterized from rock bream Oplegnathus fasciatus (OfGal-2). The cDNA of OfGal-2 comprised of 692 bp with a coding sequence of 396 bp, encoding a putative polypeptide of 131 amino acids. Gene structure analysis of OfGal-2 revealed a four exon-three intron organization. A single carbohydrate-binding domain containing all ...
- Thulasitha, William Shanthakumar, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2016 v.56 pp. 13-24
- Edwardsiella tarda; Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Miamiensis avidus; Oplegnathus fasciatus; Streptococcus iniae; Vibrio tapetis; amino acids; bacteria; bacterial artificial chromosomes; bream; carbohydrate binding; complement; complementary DNA; exons; gene expression; genomic libraries; gills; introns; lectins; messenger RNA; open reading frames; parasites; pathogens; phagocytosis; phylogeny; receptors; sequence alignment; signal peptide; spleen; transcription (genetics)
- ... Galectins, a family of β-galactoside-binding lectins, are pattern recognition receptors that recognize pathogen-associated molecular patterns and are subsequently involved in the opsonization, phagocytosis, complement activation, and killing of microbes. Here, we report a novel galectin related protein (GRP) identified from rock bream (Oplegnathus fasciatus), designated OfGal like B. The cDNA of O ...