Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2017 v.71 pp. 59-69
- Crassostrea gigas; DNA replication; Vibrio splendidus; cytoplasm; hematopoiesis; hemocytes; immune response; oysters; pathogens; porosity; protein synthesis; seawater; stem cells; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Increasing evidences have demonstrated that the invertebrate gill is a predominant tissue participating in the immune response during pathogen challenge. In the present study, the hematopoiesis and immune activities in gill of Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas were investigated. Stem-like cells with big nuclei and thin cytoplasm were found in the tubules of gill filaments, where DNA synthesis is ac ...
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2016 v.60 pp. 180-190
- Crassostrea gigas; acetylcholine; amino acids; cell cycle; cell membranes; cytoplasm; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; gonads; hemocytes; immune response; immunohistochemistry; immunomodulators; in situ hybridization; lipopolysaccharides; messenger RNA; molecular weight; open reading frames; oysters; peptidoglycans; phylogeny; polypeptides; signal transduction; transcription (genetics); ubiquitin; ubiquitin-protein ligase; ubiquitination; vertebrates
- ... Ubiquitination is an important post-translational protein modification and plays a crucial role in various processes such as cell cycle, signal transduction, and transcriptional regulation. In the present study, a novel ubiquitin (Ub)-protein ligase E3 (designed as CgE3Rv1) was identified from Crassostrea gigas, and its ubiquitination regulation in the immune response against lipopolysaccharide (L ...