Jump to Main Content
- Bin Yang; Yunke Jia; Zhihao Jia; Weilin Wang; Xiaorui Song; Yannan Li; Qilin Yi; Lingling Wang; Linsheng Song
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2018 v.81 pp. 156-166
- Aeromonas hydrophila; Eriocheir sinensis; Penaeus monodon; active sites; complementary DNA; cyclin-dependent kinase; cytoplasm; gene expression; gills; heart; hematopoiesis; hemocytes; innate immunity; interphase; invertebrates; lipopolysaccharides; messenger RNA; muscles; open reading frames; phylogeny; sequence homology; serine; threonine
- ... Cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs), a family of cell cycle-related serine/threonine kinases, participate in various biological processes, and play crucial roles in the innate immunity. In the present study, a CDK2 (designed as EsCDK2) with a serine/threonine protein kinase catalytic domain was identified from Chinese mitten crab (Eriocheir sinensis). The full-length cDNA sequence of EsCDK2 was of 240 ...
- Yiqun Li; Xiaorui Song; Weilin Wang; Lingling Wang; Qilin Yi; Shuai Jiang; Zhihao Jia; Xinyu Du; Limei Qiu; Linsheng Song
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2017 v.71 pp. 59-69
- Crassostrea gigas; DNA replication; Vibrio splendidus; cytoplasm; hematopoiesis; hemocytes; immune response; oysters; pathogens; porosity; protein synthesis; seawater; stem cells; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Increasing evidences have demonstrated that the invertebrate gill is a predominant tissue participating in the immune response during pathogen challenge. In the present study, the hematopoiesis and immune activities in gill of Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas were investigated. Stem-like cells with big nuclei and thin cytoplasm were found in the tubules of gill filaments, where DNA synthesis is ac ...