Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2017 v.71 pp. 59-69
- Crassostrea gigas; DNA replication; Vibrio splendidus; cytoplasm; hematopoiesis; hemocytes; immune response; oysters; pathogens; porosity; protein synthesis; seawater; stem cells; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Increasing evidences have demonstrated that the invertebrate gill is a predominant tissue participating in the immune response during pathogen challenge. In the present study, the hematopoiesis and immune activities in gill of Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas were investigated. Stem-like cells with big nuclei and thin cytoplasm were found in the tubules of gill filaments, where DNA synthesis is ac ...
- Jiang, Shuai, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2016 v.60 pp. 12-22
- Aeromonas hydrophila; DNA replication; Eriocheir sinensis; GATA transcription factors; adults; antibodies; cell proliferation; cytokines; gene expression; granules; hematopoiesis; hematopoietic stem cells; hemocytes; hepatopancreas; humans; invertebrates; messenger RNA; mitochondria; stomach; transcription (genetics); transmission electron microscopes; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Invertebrates rely on the efficient innate immune mechanisms against invaders, in which the continuous production of hemocytes (hematopoiesis) is indispensable. In the present study, the hematopoietic tissue (HPT) from Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis was identified and characterized. It was a thin and non-transparent sheet located at the dorsolateral side of the stomach, which was composed ...