Jump to Main Content
- Cheheb, Razika Chelli; Arzarello, Marta; Arnaud, Julie; Berto, Claudio; Cáceres, Isabel; Caracausi, Sandro; Colopi, Francesco; Daffara, Sara; Canini, Guido Montanari; Huguet, Rosa; Karambatsou, Theodora; Sala, Benedetto; Zambaldi, Maurizio; Berruti, Gabriele L. F.
- Die Naturwissenschaften 2019 v.106 no.5-6 pp. 16
- Hominidae; carnivores; fauna; fossils; human behavior; vertebrates; Italy
- ... Recent functional and zooarchaeological studies conducted on the archeological finds of Pirro Nord (PN13) produced new, reliable data on early European hominid subsistence activities. The age of the site is estimated to be ~ 1.3–1.6 Ma, based on bio-chronological data, and the archeological excavation of the Pirro Nord 13 fissure led to the discovery of more than 300 lithic artifacts associated wi ...
- Mecozzi, Beniamino; Coppola, Donato; Iurino, Dawid A.; Sardella, Raffaele; De Marinis, Anna M.
- Die Naturwissenschaften 2019 v.106 no.5-6 pp. 13
- Meles meles; Pleistocene epoch; badgers; body size; fossils; morphometry; taxonomy; Eurasia; Italy; Mediterranean region
- ... In the last decades, many studies have focused on the description of fossil badger materials from Eurasia and several evolutionary hypotheses have been proposed. Nevertheless, the debate on taxonomy of the Late Villafranchian-Aurelian European badgers is still far from being solved and several species/subspecies were established over time. Herein, we described for the first time the craniodental a ...