Jump to Main Content
- Boevé, Jean-Luc; Rozenberg, Raoul
- Die Naturwissenschaften 2019 v.106 no.5-6 pp. 14
- Arge; Berberis; Pergidae; adults; body weight; cocoons; endosymbionts; feces; grazing; larvae; liquid chromatography; livestock; peptides; prepupae; sawflies; tandem mass spectrometry; toxicity
- ... Livestock can die from grazing in areas where larvae of certain Argidae or Pergidae species containing toxic peptides occur in mass. However, it remains unknown whether other stages also contain these compounds. Here, single specimens of larvae, prepupae, and adults of Arge berberidis, plus samples of its cocoons and larval feces, were analyzed by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Th ...
- Imrei, Zoltán; Molander, Mikael A.; Winde, Inis B.; Lohonyai, Zsófia; Csonka, Éva Bálintné; Fail, József; Hanks, Lawrence M.; Zou, Yunfan; Millar, Jocelyn G.; Tóth, Miklós; Larsson, Mattias C.
- Die Naturwissenschaften 2019 v.106 no.5-6 pp. 18
- Cerambycidae; activated carbon; adsorbents; adults; attractants; bioassays; collectors; ethyl ether; females; headspace analysis; hexane; males; methylene chloride; monitoring; odors; pests; pheromones; solvents; summer; wood; Hungary; Sweden
- ... Plagionotus arcuatus ssp. arcuatus (L.) is a common saproxylic cerambycid beetle in most parts of Europe, and is designated as an occasional pest of oak wood that is stored outside during the summer months. In an effort to identify attractants that can be used for monitoring this species, we collected headspace samples from adult beetles and conducted field bioassays with the resulting compounds a ...