Jump to Main Content
- Stevenson, David G.; Doorenbos, Russell K.; Jane, Jay-lin; Inglett, George E.
- Die Stärke = 2006 v.58 no.10 pp. 509
- Glycine max; soybeans; genetic variation; starch; physicochemical properties; carbohydrate structure; crystal structure; carbohydrate content; iodine; amylose; amylopectin; molecular weight; thermal properties; pasting properties
- ... Structures and functional properties of starch from high-protein, lipoxygenase-free and low-linolenic acid soybean variety seeds collected 20 d prior to harvest were investigated. Soybean starches exhibit CB-type X-ray diffraction patterns, and granule diameters were very small (0.7 to 4 micrometer). Soybeans, 20 d prior to harvest contained 10.9-11.7% starch (dry basis). Apparent amylose content ...
- Stevenson, David G.; Johnson, Scott R.; Jane, Jay-lin; Inglett, George E.
- Die Stärke = 2006 v.58 no.7 pp. 323
- kiwifruit; Actinidia deliciosa; starch; starch granules; amylose; physicochemical properties; X-ray diffraction; amylopectin; molecular weight; gelatinization; enthalpy; glass transition temperature; pasting properties; melting point; viscosity
- ... Chemical and physical properties of kiwifruit (Actinidia deliciosa var. Hayward) starch were studied. Kiwifruit starch granules were compound, irregular or dome-shaped with diameters predominantly 4-5 µm or 7-9 µm. Kiwifruit starch exhibited B-type X-ray diffraction pattern, an apparent amylose content of 43.1% and absolute amylose content of 18.8%. Kiwifruit amylopectins, relative to other starch ...