Jump to Main Content
- Weaver, M.O.; Otey, F.H.; Doane, W.M.
- Die Stärke = 1983 v.36 no.2 pp. 56
- soil stabilization, etc ; starch products; anion exchange capacity; carboxymethylcellulose; hydrolysis; anions; carboxylation; soil physical properties; soil treatment; polymers; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Three types of polyanionic starch derivatives were prepared: carboxymethyl starch, starch-g-poly(acrylic acid) and hydrolyzed starch-g-polyacrylonitrile. Each derivative was prepared at 5 levels of anion content, and the milliequivalent of carboxyl per gram of polymer (meqCOOH/g) was determined. Soil particles were treated with 3 concentrations of dispersions of each polymer, and stabilization act ...
- Weaver, M.O.
- Die Stärke = 1984 v.36 no.10 pp. 356
- soil stabilization, etc ; particles; cation exchange capacity; cations; stabilizers; starch products; sodium hydroxide; alkali treatment; sodium sulfate; water; soil treatment; soil water movement; soil water retention; cation exchange; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Tertiary cationic starch, quaternary cationic starch and cationic starch graft copolymers were each prepared at several levels of cation content. Together with some commercial cationic starches, these materials were assayed by wet sieving to determine their ability to convey water stability to soil [to alleviate the loss of topsoil through erosion]. Cations neither increase nor decrease the capaci ...