Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Gagan Deep; Bawa, Amrinder S.; Singh, Sukhcharn; Saxena, Dharmesh C.
- Die Stärke = 2009 v.61 no.1 pp. 35-42
- Trapa natans, etc ; Castanea; corn starch; gelatinization temperature; pasting properties; physicochemical properties; potato starch; potatoes; starch; thermal properties; water temperature; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Starch extracted from Indian water chestnut was investigated for its physicochemical characteristics. The results were compared with those obtained from two commercial starches (corn and potato). The pasting properties were tested in the Rapid Visco Analyser and thermal properties with a differential scanning calorimeter. Water chestnut starch possessed higher breakdown viscosity (BV) and setback ...
- Singh, Gagan Deep; Bawa, Amrinder S.; Riar, Charanjit S.; Saxena, Dharmesh C.
- Die Stärke = 2009 v.61 no.9 pp. 503-513
- Trapa natans, etc ; Castanea; acid treatment; amylose; gelatinization; hydrochloric acid; solubility; starch granules; swelling (materials); temperature; tensile strength; transmittance; viscosity; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Water chestnut starch was subjected to acid modification and heat-moisture treatment. Hydrochloric acid was used for acid modification at three different concentrations (0.25 M, 0.5 M and 1 M) for 2 h. Modifications did not alter the granule morphology. Heat-moisture treatment (HMT) resulted in slight reduction in the granular size of the starch granules. Acid modification lowered the amylose cont ...