Jump to Main Content
- Llewelyn, John; Macdonald, Stewart L.; Hatcher, Amberlee; Moritz, Craig; Phillips, Ben L.
- Diversity & distributions 2016 v.22 no.10 pp. 1000-1012
- climate change; climatic factors; cold tolerance; evolutionary adaptation; geographical variation; heat tolerance; indicator species; intraspecific variation; lizards; phenotypic plasticity; tropical rain forests; tropics; Australia
- ... AIM: The exceptionally rich biodiversity found in tropical rainforest is under threat from anthropogenic climate change. We recognize the threat, yet we have little knowledge of the capacity of tropical species to adjust their climate sensitivity in response to it. One indicator of a species’ capacity to adjust to different climates is the amount of intraspecific variation observed in its climate‐ ...
- Paudel, Shishir; Wilson, Gail W. T.; MacDonald, Beau; Longcore, Travis; Loss, Scott R.
- Diversity & distributions 2016 v.22 no.10 pp. 1013-1023
- boreal forests; islands; roads; vegetation cover; altitude; soil microorganisms; ecosystems; introduced plants; grasses; microbial communities; models; soil; earthworms; biodiversity; climatic factors; prediction; landscapes; vertebrates; microbial biomass; regression analysis; ground vegetation; streams; California
- ... AIM: Invasions of non‐native earthworms into previously earthworm‐free regions are a major conservation concern because they alter ecosystems and threaten biological diversity. Little information is available, however, about effects of earthworm invasions outside of temperate and boreal forests, particularly about invasions of islands. For San Clemente Island (SCI), California (USA) – an oceanic i ...