Jump to Main Content
- Blanchard, Wade, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Diversity & distributions 2016 v.22 no.4 pp. 457-467
- Eucalyptus regnans; climate; climate change; ecosystems; environmental factors; fire regime; fire severity; forests; seedlings; summer; temporal variation; trees; wildfires; Australia
- ... AIM: Knowledge of how climate and fire regimes affect regeneration in foundation species is critical to the conservation of entire ecosystems. Different stages of regeneration often require different ecological conditions, but dynamic constraints on regeneration are poorly known for species that regenerate only after infrequent wildfires. Focussing on a long‐lived, foundation tree species (Eucalyp ...
- Blanchard, Wade, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Diversity & distributions 2014 v.20 no.4 pp. 467-477
- Bayesian theory; birds; environmental factors; fire severity; forests; philopatry; species diversity; topography; vegetation cover; wildfires
- ... AIM: To quantify bird responses to a large unplanned fire, taking into consideration landscape‐level fire severity and extent, pre‐fire site detection frequency and environmental gradients. LOCATION: South‐eastern Australia. METHODS: A major wildfire in 2009 coincided with a long‐term study of birds and provided a rare opportunity to quantify bird responses to wildfire. Using hierarchical Bayesian ...