Jump to Main Content
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Diversity & distributions 2019 v.25 no.3 pp. 430-441
- Coleoptera; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; dead wood; forest reserves; forest stands; fungal communities; fungi; insect communities; landscapes; old-growth forests; species diversity; temperate forests; Germany
- ... AIM: European temperate forests have lost dead wood and the associated biodiversity owing to intensive management over centuries. Nowadays, some of these forests are being restored by enrichment with dead wood, but mostly only at stand scales. Here, we investigated effects of a seminal dead‐wood enrichment strategy on saproxylic organisms at the landscape scale. LOCATION: Temperate European beech ...
- Gossner, Martin M., et al. Show all 31 Authors
- Diversity & distributions 2019 v.25 no.5 pp. 783-796
- DNA barcoding; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; Fomes fomentarius; arthropod communities; arthropods; biogeography; biomass; community structure; forests; fruiting bodies; fungi; genotype; geographical distribution; habitats; hosts; latitude; logging; longitude; models; rearing; species diversity; temperate zones; temperature; trees; wood; Europe
- ... AIM: The tinder fungus Fomes fomentarius is a pivotal wood decomposer in European beech Fagus sylvatica forests. The fungus, however, has regionally declined due to centuries of logging. To unravel biogeographical drivers of arthropod communities associated with this fungus, we investigated how space, climate and habitat amount structure alpha and beta diversity of arthropod communities in fruitbo ...