Jump to Main Content
- Leblanc, John Paul; Burke, Dawn M.; Nol, Erica
- Écoscience 2011 v.18 no.1 pp. 26-36
- hardwood forests, etc ; cutting; demography; hardwood; landscapes; microhabitats; models; nesting; nesting sites; nests; population growth; predation; selection response; silviculture; small mammals; trees; Ontario; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Ovenbird (Seiurus aurocapilla) demography and nest-site selection were examined in mature tolerant hardwood stands and stands at 3 stages of recovery (1––5, 10––15, and 20––25 y) following single-tree selection in the continuously forested landscape of Algonquin Provincial Park, central Ontario. This is one of a few studies to provide evidence of these responses in a continuously forested landscap ...
- Poulin, Jean-Franççois; Villard, Marc-Andréé; Hachéé, Samuel
- Écoscience 2010 v.17 no.1 pp. 20-27
- hardwood forests, etc ; Certhia; adverse effects; bark; birds; breeding; foraging; harvesting; landscapes; models; nesting; nests; peeling; reproductive success; snags; stems; trees; New Brunswick; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The brown creeper (Certhia americana) was recently identified as one of the forest bird species most sensitive to partial harvesting in North America. However, the processes underlying this sensitivity are poorly known. In this study, we quantified the immediate, post-treatment demographic response of this species to experimental selection harvesting in plots of northern hardwood forest in northwe ...