Jump to Main Content
- Lucas, S.G.
- Earth-science reviews 2017 v.170 pp. 31-60
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Guadalupian epoch; Kungurian age; Triassic period; basins; climate change; extinction; fossils; insects; South Africa; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Four substantial tetrapod extinctions have been identified during the Permian, but only one of these is an apparent mass extinction. Analyses of global compilations of the family-level diversity of Permian tetrapods have been confounded by incorrect and compiled correlations. Instead, analyzing diversity patterns at the genus level in “best sections” identifies only one apparent mass extinction of ...
- Pinheiro, Marcos Roberto; de Queiroz Neto, José Pereira
- Earth-science reviews 2017
- Southwestern United States, etc ; arid zones; basalt; basins; canyons; cliffs; deforestation; freeze-thaw cycles; geochemistry; landscapes; minerals; models; morphogenesis; piedmont; plateaus; sandstone; semiarid zones; tropics; Brazil; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Classical geomorphological models consider that escarpment retreat of cuesta landforms is fastest in arid and semiarid regions, which would be expected to lead to increased talus production. However, this is in disagreement with the piedmont zone of the Colorado Plateau cliffs (arid/semiarid region of southwestern USA), where talus is as inconspicuous as the deposits of the cuesta escarpment foots ...