Jump to Main Content
- He, Chuansong; Santosh, M.; Dong, Shuwen
- Earth-science reviews 2015 v.145 pp. 9-24
- Archean eon; Cenozoic era; basins; delamination; tectonics; China
- ... East Asia records a complex sequence of tectonic processes, with the mosaic of cratonic blocks and orogenic belts in China preserving evidence for multiple episodes of amalgamation and reworking from the Archean to Cenozoic. The prolonged subduction of the Pacific plate from the east has been invoked to explain the volcanic activities in the NE China region and in the Songliao Basin, as well as th ...
- Lin, Bo; Zhang, Xu; Xu, Xuechun; Yuan, Jinyang; Neng, Yuan; Zhu, Jianwei
- Earth-science reviews 2015 v.145 pp. 43-55
- basins; geological eons; geophysics; tectonics; China
- ... The Tarim Basin, as the largest inland, oil-producing basin in China, is a large-scale composite basin, which formed from a Palaeozoic craton basin that was overprinted by a Mesozoic–Cenozoic foreland basin. Based on comprehensive analyses of gravitational data, aeromagnetic data and seismic data from the basin, 38 basement faults can be identified, demonstrating that the Tarim Basin has undergone ...