Jump to Main Content
- Titchener, Kristen; Wong, Quincy J.J.
- Eating behaviors 2015 v.16 pp. 13-16
- anxiety; body image; body mass index; eating habits; mental health; models; obesity; weight loss
- ... Research has indicated that individuals who are overweight or obese are more likely to experience mental health difficulties. One line of research has indicated that body mass index (BMI) is positively associated with appearance-based social anxiety, rather than social anxiety more generally. However, there is a lack of research that has attempted to explain this association. Thus, the current stu ...
- Pinkasavage, Emilie; Arigo, Danielle; Schumacher, Leah M.
- Eating behaviors 2015 v.16 pp. 72-77
- at-risk population; body image; body mass index; demographic statistics; eating disorders; eating habits; quality of life; women
- ... Comparing one's body to those of individuals perceived as more attractive is common among college women, and has been associated with increases in body dissatisfaction and disordered eating. Not all college women are vulnerable to the negative influence of these upward body comparisons; however, little is known about characteristics that may distinguish more vulnerable women. Coping styles, which ...