Jump to Main Content
- Schultz, Rosalie; Abbott, Tammy; Yamaguchi, Jessica; Cairney, Sheree
- EcoHealth 2019 v.16 no.1 pp. 171-176
- Australians; assets; biodiversity conservation; education; employment; environmental knowledge; indigenous knowledge; indigenous peoples; issues and policy; land management; Australia
- ... Many Indigenous Australians hold cultural, ecological and language knowledge, but common representations of Indigenous Australians focus on social disadvantage and poor comparisons with other Australians in education, employment and health. Indigenous Land Management works with Indigenous people’s cultural, ecological and language expertise, employing Indigenous people in activities contributing t ...
- Jagger, Pamela; Das, Ipsita; Handa, Sudhanshu; Nylander-French, Leena A.; Yeatts, Karin B.
- EcoHealth 2019 v.16 no.1 pp. 7-20
- assets; biomass; charcoal; cooking; cooking stoves; dyspnea; emissions; energy; females; fuels; gasification; heating systems; households; humans; hygiene; leasing; marketing; pellets; private sector; randomized clinical trials; surveys; systolic blood pressure; urban areas; Rwanda
- ... Cooking with solid fuels and inefficient cookstoves has adverse consequences for health, environment, and human well-being. Despite the promise of improved cookstoves to reduce these impacts, adoption rates are relatively low. Using a 2-wave sample of 144 households from the baseline and first midline of an ongoing 4-year randomized controlled trial in Rwanda, we analyze the drivers and associatio ...