Jump to Main Content
- Schultz, Rosalie; Abbott, Tammy; Yamaguchi, Jessica; Cairney, Sheree
- EcoHealth 2019 v.16 no.1 pp. 171-176
- Australians; assets; biodiversity conservation; education; employment; environmental knowledge; indigenous knowledge; indigenous peoples; issues and policy; land management; Australia
- ... Many Indigenous Australians hold cultural, ecological and language knowledge, but common representations of Indigenous Australians focus on social disadvantage and poor comparisons with other Australians in education, employment and health. Indigenous Land Management works with Indigenous people’s cultural, ecological and language expertise, employing Indigenous people in activities contributing t ...
- Menghwani, Vikas; Zerriffi, Hisham; Dwivedi, Puneet; Marshall, Julian D.; Grieshop, Andrew; Bailis, Rob
- EcoHealth 2019 v.16 no.1 pp. 21-60
- air pollution; burden of disease; clean fuels; cooking; cooking stoves; education; gender; heating systems; households; ownership; prices; randomized clinical trials; surveys; sustainable technology; India
- ... Roughly 2.8 billion people depend on solid fuels for cooking needs, resulting in a tremendous burden of disease from exposure to household air pollution. Despite decades of effort to promote cleaner cooking technologies, displacement of polluting technologies has progressed slowly. This paper describes results of a randomized controlled trial in which eight communities in two regions of rural Indi ...