Jump to Main Content
- Rivera, Brenda; Cook, Katrina; Andrews, Kimberly; Atkinson, Matthew S.; Savage, Anna E.
- EcoHealth 2019 v.16 no.2 pp. 222-234
- Ranavirus, etc ; Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis; Eleutherodactylus; Hyla; Iridovirus; Rana; autumn; coasts; emerging diseases; frogs; fungi; indigenous species; invasive species; islands; monitoring; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; population dynamics; rain; surveys; wildlife; Georgia; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Emerging infectious diseases threaten the survival of wildlife populations and species around the world. In particular, amphibians are experiencing population declines and species extinctions primarily in response to two pathogens, the fungus Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis (Bd) and the iridovirus Ranavirus (Rv). Here, we use field surveys and quantitative (q)PCR to compare infection intensity and ...
- Earl, Julia E.; Gray, Matthew J.
- EcoHealth 2014 v.11 no.4 pp. 581-592
- Ranavirus, etc ; Lithobates sylvaticus; risk analysis; models; eggs; extinction; larvae; frogs; pathogens; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Amphibian declines and extinction have been attributed to many causes, including disease such as chytridiomycosis. Other pathogens may also contribute to declines, with ranavirus as the most likely candidate given reoccurring die-offs observed in the wild. We were interested in whether it is possible for ranavirus to cause extinction of a local, closed population of amphibians. We used susceptibil ...