Jump to Main Content
- Bagchi, Sumanta; Singh, Navinder J.; Briske, David D.; Bestelmeyer, Brandon T.; McClaran, Mitchel P.; Murthy, Karthik
- Ecological Applications 2017 v.27 no.5 pp. 1514-1528
- Artemisia; annual grasslands; ecological resilience; ecosystem management; ecosystems; grasses; plant communities; prairies; primary succession; quantitative analysis; species diversity; statistical models; steppes; warm season
- ... Quantification of rates and patterns of community dynamics is central for understanding the organization and function of ecosystems. These insights may support a greater empirical understanding of ecological resilience, and the application of resilience concepts toward ecosystem management. Distinct types of dynamics in natural communities can be used to interpret and apply resilience concepts, bu ...
- Browning, Dawn M.; Maynard, Jonathan J.; Karl, Jason W.; Peters, Debra C.
- Ecological Applications 2017 v.27 no.5 pp. 1677-1693
- arid grasslands; arid lands; botanical composition; climate change; drought; ecosystems; grasses; landscapes; models; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; monitoring; normalized difference vegetation index; phytomass; prediction; primary productivity; rain; remote sensing; seasonal variation; soil properties; time series analysis; uncertainty; variance; vegetation cover; New Mexico
- ... Frequency and severity of extreme climatic events are forecast to increase in the 21st century. Predicting how managed ecosystems may respond to climatic extremes is intensified by uncertainty associated with knowing when, where, and how long effects of extreme events will be manifest in an ecosystem. In water-limited ecosystems with high inter-annual variability in rainfall, it is important to be ...