Jump to Main Content
- Caughlin, T. Trevor; Damschen, Ellen I.; Haddad, Nick M.; Levey, Douglas J.; Warneke, Christopher; Brudvig, Lars A.
- Ecological applications 2019 v.29 no.2 pp. e01850
- biological corridors; ecosystem services; extinction; forbs; habitat fragmentation; habitats; landscapes; models; perennials; population growth; population size; prediction; reproductive performance; soil quality; species reintroduction; threatened species
- ... Conservation and restoration projects often involve starting new populations by introducing individuals into portions of their native or projected range. Such efforts can help meet many related goals, including habitat creation, ecosystem service provisioning, assisted migration, and the reintroduction of imperiled species following local extirpation. The outcomes of reintroduction efforts, howeve ...
- Montoya, Daniel; Haegeman, Bart; Gaba, Sabrina; de Mazancourt, Claire; Bretagnolle, Vincent; Loreau, Michel
- Ecological applications 2019 v.29 no.2 pp. e01853
- agricultural land; agroecosystems; biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; crop yield; crops; ecosystem services; food security; land use; landscapes; models; pollination; pollinators; profitability
- ... Changes in land use generate trade‐offs in the delivery of ecosystem services in agricultural landscapes. However, we know little about how the stability of ecosystem services responds to landscape composition, and what ecological mechanisms underlie these trade‐offs. Here, we develop a model to investigate the dynamics of three ecosystem services in intensively managed agroecosystems, i.e., polli ...