Jump to Main Content
- Pilotto, Francesca; Nilsson, Christer; Polvi, Lina E.; McKie, Brendan G.
- Ecological applications 2018 v.28 no.2 pp. 587-597
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Chironomidae; Sphaeriidae; Trichoptera; ecological restoration; forests; gravel; habitat conservation; insects; macroinvertebrates; managers; monitoring; streams; wood; Sweden; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Although ecological restoration generally succeeds in increasing physical heterogeneity, many projects fail to enhance biota. Researchers have suggested several possible explanations, including insufficient restoration intensity, or time‐lags in ecological responses that prevent detection of significant changes in short‐term monitoring programs. This study aims to evaluate whether benthic macroinv ...
- Meißner, T.; Schütt, M.; Sures, B.; Feld, C. K.
- Ecological applications 2018 v.28 no.7 pp. 1897-1908
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; biodiversity; community structure; ecological function; habitat destruction; hydrology; lotic systems; macroinvertebrates; mountains; rivers; sediments; streams; time series analysis; water temperature; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Worldwide, dams are a main threat reducing river ecological functioning and biodiversity by severely altering water temperature, flow, and sediment regimes up‐ and downstream. Sustainable dam management therefore has a key role in achieving ecological targets. Here, we present an analysis of the effects of reservoir dams and resulting regime shifts on community structure and function of lotic macr ...