Jump to Main Content
- Rijnsdorp, Adriaan D.; Bolam, Stefan G.; Garcia, Clement; Hiddink, Jan Geert; Hintzen, Niels T.; van Denderen, P. Daniel; van Kooten, Tobias
- Ecological applications 2018 v.28 no.5 pp. 1302-1312
- longevity, etc ; aquacultural and fisheries equipment; benthic organisms; biomass; data analysis; environmental impact; fisheries; gravel; habitats; invertebrates; mortality; risk; shear stress; suspension feeding; English Channel; North Sea; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Bottom fishing such as trawling and dredging may pose serious risks to the seabed and benthic habitats, calling for a quantitative assessment method to evaluate the impact and guide management to develop mitigation measures. We provide a method to estimate the sensitivity of benthic habitats based on the longevity composition of the invertebrate community. We hypothesize that long‐lived species ar ...
- Hülsmann, Lisa; Bugmann, Harald; Cailleret, Maxime; Brang, Peter
- Ecological applications 2018 v.28 no.2 pp. 522-540
- longevity, etc ; Fagus sylvatica; algorithms; basal area; climate; climate change; forest dynamics; forest reserves; forest succession; forests; model validation; models; mortality; shade tolerance; species diversity; stand structure; tree mortality; trees; uncertainty; Germany; Switzerland; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Dynamic Vegetation Models (DVMs) are designed to be suitable for simulating forest succession and species range dynamics under current and future conditions based on mathematical representations of the three key processes regeneration, growth, and mortality. However, mortality formulations in DVMs are typically coarse and often lack an empirical basis, which increases the uncertainty of projection ...