Jump to Main Content
- Foster, Bryan L.; Kindscher, Kelly; Houseman, Greg R.; Murphy, Cheryl A.
- Ecological applications 2009 v.19 no.7 pp. 1884-1896
- C3 plants, etc ; grasslands; plant ecology; community ecology; prairies; species diversity; sowing; grasses; range management; plant communities; colonizing ability; Kansas; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Prairie hay meadows are important reservoirs of grassland biodiversity in the tallgrass prairie regions of the central United States and are the object of increasing attention for conservation and restoration. In addition, there is growing interest in the potential use of such low‐input, high‐diversity (LIHD) native grasslands for biofuel production. The uplands of eastern Kansas, USA, which prior ...
- Graves, Gary R.; Romanek, Christopher S.
- Ecological applications 2009 v.19 no.5 pp. 1264-1273
- C3 plants, etc ; Setophaga caerulescens; altitude; breeding; breeding season; carbon; diet study techniques; foraging; habitat preferences; liver; males; metabolism; migratory behavior; muscles; stable isotopes; tissues; wintering grounds; yearlings; Appalachian region; North Carolina; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... We analyzed carbon isotope ratios (δ¹³C) of liver and pectoral muscle of Black‐throated Blue Warblers (Dendroica caerulescens) to provide a mesoscale perspective on altitudinal tenancy in the Appalachian Mountains, North Carolina, USA. Movements of males are poorly understood, particularly the degree to which yearlings (first breeding season) and older males (second or later breeding season) wande ...