Jump to Main Content
- Hall, Forrest G.; Shimabukuro, Yosio E.; Huemmrich, Karl F.
- Ecological applications 1995 v.5 no.4 pp. 993-1013
- Picea mariana; Sphagnum; algorithms; biomass; boreal forests; canopy; equations; lakes; leaf area index; models; mosses and liverworts; normalized difference vegetation index; photosynthetically active radiation; primary productivity; radiative transfer; radiometry; reflectance; remote sensing; tree and stand measurements
- ... Using geometric shadow and linear mixture models we develop and evaluate an algorithm to infer several important structural parameters of stands of black spruce (Picea mariana), the most common boreal forest dominant. We show, first, that stand reflectances for this species can be represented as linear combinations of the reflectances of more elemental radiometric components: sunlit crowns, sunlit ...
- Sheldon, Sallie P.; Creed, Robert P., Jr
- Ecological applications 1995 v.5 no.4 pp. 1122-1132
- Euhrychiopsis lecontei; Myriophyllum spicatum; aquatic weeds; biological control; biological control agents; biomass; branches; canopy; indigenous species; insects; lakes; leaves; quarantine; surface water; Canada; United States
- ... We have evaluated the potential of a North American aquatic weevil, Euhrychiopsis lecontei, to serve as an agent of biological control for an exotic weed, Eurasian watermilfoil (Myriophyllum spicatum), which is currently found throughout much of the United States and in some southern provinces of Canada. We have found this weevil on M. spicatum in lakes where populations of the exotic weed have de ...