Jump to Main Content
- Leadley, Paul W.; Reynolds, James F.
- Ecological applications 1992 v.2 no.4 pp. 323-340
- Eriophorum vaginatum; biomass; carbon; carbon dioxide; climate change; field experimentation; nitrogen; nutrients; overwintering; photosynthesis; shade; simulation models; temperature; Arctic region
- ... It appears that polar regions of the Earth will bear the brunt of global temperature increases. Because of the ecological importance of the sedge Eriophorum vaginatum in the arctic and the large amount of data available on its growth and physiology, we chose this species as a test case to model the potential long—term response of arctic plants to global climate change. Our simulation model utilize ...
- Steinman, Alan D.; Mulholland, Patrick J.; Palumbo, Anthony V.; DeAngelis, Donald L.; Flum, Terry E.
- Ecological applications 1992 v.2 no.4 pp. 341-355
- biogeochemical cycles; biomass; buffering capacity; carbon; chlorine; lotic systems; microbial activity; periphyton; snails; streams
- ... The influence of repeated chlorine additions on the resistance and resilience of laboratory stream ecosystems was investigated. Prior to the disturbance, four treatments were imposed on eight laboratory streams in a 2 x 2 factorial design, resulting in two replicate streams per treatment. Treatments included two circulation regimes (once—through or 98% recirculated) and two levels of grazer densit ...