Jump to Main Content
- Manasse, Robin S.
- Ecological applications 1992 v.2 no.4 pp. 431-438
- Brassica rapa subsp. oleifera; crops; gene flow; genetic markers; genotype; pollination; probability distribution; risk; risk assessment; space and time; transgenes; transgenic plants; wild plants
- ... The spread of advantageous transgenic genes from crop plants into wild and weedy relatives is a potential ecological problem. The available theory indicates that the spread of a gene, over space and time, will depend in part on the relative selective advantage of that gene, and in part on gene flow, or the probability distribution of gene movement from source to target plants within a single gener ...
- Lauenroth, W. K.; Sala, O. E.
- Ecological applications 1992 v.2 no.4 pp. 397-403
- atmospheric precipitation; cooling; data collection; forage production; models; prediction; primary productivity; soil; space and time; steppes; temperature; vegetation structure; Colorado
- ... We evaluated the relationship between annual forage production and annual and seasonal precipitation and temperature at a shortgrass steppe site in north—central Colorado using a long—term data set (52 yr). We also constructed a relationship between forage production and aboveground net primary production (ANPP). Precipitation fluctuated randomly, but temperature had clear warming and cooling tren ...