Jump to Main Content
- Brang, Peter, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological applications 2018 v.28 no.2 pp. 522-540
- shade tolerance; model validation; trees; stand structure; forests; longevity; uncertainty; forest reserves; climate; models; forest dynamics; climate change; species diversity; tree mortality; algorithms; Fagus sylvatica; mortality; forest succession; stand basal area; Germany; Switzerland
- ... Dynamic Vegetation Models (DVMs) are designed to be suitable for simulating forest succession and species range dynamics under current and future conditions based on mathematical representations of the three key processes regeneration, growth, and mortality. However, mortality formulations in DVMs are typically coarse and often lack an empirical basis, which increases the uncertainty of projection ...
- Brang, Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological applications 2016 v.26 no.8 pp. 2463-2477
- trees; forests; inventories; uncertainty; data collection; forestry development; forest reserves; temporal variation; models; climate change; tree mortality; Fagus sylvatica; mortality; prediction; tree growth; windthrow; regression analysis; stand basal area; Ukraine; Germany; Switzerland
- ... Large uncertainties characterize forest development under global climate change. Although recent studies have found widespread increased tree mortality, the patterns and processes associated with tree death remain poorly understood, thus restricting accurate mortality predictions. Yet, projections of future forest dynamics depend critically on robust mortality models, preferably based on empirical ...