Jump to Main Content
- Richmond, Orien M. W.; Hines, James E.; Beissinger, Steven R.
- Ecological applications 2010 v.20 no.7 pp. 2036-2046
- Rallus limicola, etc ; birds; competitive exclusion; forests; freshwater; habitats; marshes; models; probability; California; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Two‐species occupancy models that account for false absences provide a robust method for testing for evidence of competitive exclusion, but previous model parameterizations were inadequate for incorporating covariates. We present a new parameterization that is stable when covariates are included: the conditional two‐species occupancy model, which can be used to examine alternative hypotheses for s ...
- Conway, Courtney J.; Nadeau, Christopher P.; Piest, Linden
- Ecological applications 2010 v.20 no.7 pp. 2024-2035
- Rallus limicola, etc ; Ixobrychus exilis; basins; birds; endangered species; flood control; floods; marshes; prescribed burning; probability; rivers; surveys; sympatry; vegetation structure; watersheds; Colorado River; Mexico; Southwestern United States; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Large flood events were part of the historical disturbance regime within the lower basin of most large river systems around the world. Large flood events are now rare in the lower basins of most large river systems due to flood control structures. Endemic organisms that are adapted to this historical disturbance regime have become less abundant due to these dramatic changes in the hydrology and th ...