Jump to Main Content
- Piñero, Pablo; Cazcarro, Ignacio; Arto, Iñaki; Mäenpää, Ilmo; Juutinen, Artti; Pongrácz, Eva
- Ecological economics 2018 v.152 pp. 40-50
- imports; life cycle assessment; models; raw materials; supply chain; Finland
- ... The two main methods used to estimate raw material embodied in imports are life cycle assessment (LCA) and multi-regional input-output (MRIO) models. The key advantage of LCA is its higher product resolution but it relies on global or regional averages, which could bias results. Our outcomes suggest that this obstacle could be avoided for primary goods if domestic process data are collected, since ...
- Gallemore, Caleb; Guisinger, Amy; Kruuse, Mikkel; Ruysschaert, Denis; Jespersen, Kristjan
- Ecological economics 2018 v.152 pp. 76-87
- evolution; models; motivation; politics; regression analysis; risk; supply chain; traceability
- ... While there is considerable literature on firms' motivations to form and join private environmental standards, less has been written on motivations to strengthen standards, once created. Using the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) as a case, our study examines the politics of rigor, understood as value-chain traceability and on-the-ground requirements, within private environmental standard ...