Jump to Main Content
- Veljanoska, Stefanija
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 42-51
- agricultural productivity; climate change; credit; farmers; habitat fragmentation; households; insurance; issues and policy; markets; rain; risk; surveys; Uganda
- ... Climate change continuously affects African farmers that operate in rain-fed environments. Coping with weather risk through credit and insurance markets is almost inexistent as these markets are imperfect in the African economies. Even though land fragmentation is often considered as a barrier to agricultural productivity, this article aims at analyzing whether land fragmentation, as an insurance ...
- Di Falco, Salvatore; Sharma, Sindra
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 394-408
- climate change; cognition; credit; motivation; nationalities and ethnic groups; surveys; Fiji
- ... We investigate the interplay between individual's intrinsic motivation and green incentives on stated climate change adaptive behavior. Using experimental and survey data in the Fiji Islands, we find that intrinsic motivations favoring pro-environmental [beliefs] positively influence the intention to adapt. Moreover we find that green incentives crowd-in intrinsic pro-environmental motivations and ...