Jump to Main Content
- Lagarde, A.; Doyen, L.; Ahad-Cissé, A.; Caill-Milly, N.; Gourguet, S.; Pape, O. Le; Macher, C.; Morandeau, G.; Thébaud, O.
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 317-332
- bioeconomics; climate; climate change; data collection; economic performance; fisheries; models; species recruitment; surface water temperature; Bay of Biscay
- ... This paper examines the impact of climate change on the bio-economic performance of Bay of Biscay mixed fisheries and explores the capacity of alternative management strategies to cope with these impacts. A dynamic multi-species, multi-class, multi-fleet model is developed and calibrated using available biological, economic and environmental information for French fleets. Fishing and economic data ...
- Bigelow, Daniel P.; Zhang, Hongliang
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 156-167
- climate; climate change; data collection; farmers; farms; irrigation water; water rights; water shortages; Oregon
- ... Adaptation to water scarcity induced by future climate change will be crucial for the viability of agricultural economies in many areas of the world. In this paper, we study the acquisition of supplemental irrigation water rights as an adaptation strategy undertaken by irrigation-dependent farmers in response to historical climate change. By exploiting the panel structure of a unique dataset of fa ...