Jump to Main Content
- Gilli, Marianna; Nicolli, Francesco; Farinelli, Paola
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 294-305
- attitudes and opinions; cluster analysis; households; motivation; recycling; surveys; wastes
- ... This paper investigates empirically the relationship between individual motivations and recycling and minimisation behaviours. Exploiting an original survey of 618 Italian households, we conducted a cluster analysis on individual motivations to identify the main motivation groups among respondents. In a second step, we used these clusters as independent variables in a simple regression framework t ...
- Wainger, Lisa A.; Helcoski, Ryan; Farge, Kevin W.; Espinola, Brandy A.; Green, Gary T.
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 107-116
- attitudes and opinions; ecosystem services; gender; habitats; humans; immigration; income; nationalities and ethnic groups; politics; surveys; wilderness
- ... Ecosystem service analysis aims to expand the accounting of human values for nature, yet frequently ignores or obfuscates a category of human values with potentially large magnitude, namely nonuse or passive use values. These values represent the satisfaction derived from the protection or restoration of species, habitats and wilderness areas, even if people never use them in any tangible way. The ...