Jump to Main Content
- Gilli, Marianna; Nicolli, Francesco; Farinelli, Paola
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 294-305
- attitudes and opinions; cluster analysis; households; motivation; recycling; surveys; wastes
- ... This paper investigates empirically the relationship between individual motivations and recycling and minimisation behaviours. Exploiting an original survey of 618 Italian households, we conducted a cluster analysis on individual motivations to identify the main motivation groups among respondents. In a second step, we used these clusters as independent variables in a simple regression framework t ...
- Di Falco, Salvatore; Sharma, Sindra
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 394-408
- climate change; cognition; credit; motivation; nationalities and ethnic groups; surveys; Fiji
- ... We investigate the interplay between individual's intrinsic motivation and green incentives on stated climate change adaptive behavior. Using experimental and survey data in the Fiji Islands, we find that intrinsic motivations favoring pro-environmental [beliefs] positively influence the intention to adapt. Moreover we find that green incentives crowd-in intrinsic pro-environmental motivations and ...