Jump to Main Content
- Wainger, Lisa A.; Helcoski, Ryan; Farge, Kevin W.; Espinola, Brandy A.; Green, Gary T.
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 107-116
- attitudes and opinions; ecosystem services; gender; habitats; humans; immigration; income; nationalities and ethnic groups; politics; surveys; wilderness
- ... Ecosystem service analysis aims to expand the accounting of human values for nature, yet frequently ignores or obfuscates a category of human values with potentially large magnitude, namely nonuse or passive use values. These values represent the satisfaction derived from the protection or restoration of species, habitats and wilderness areas, even if people never use them in any tangible way. The ...
- Di Falco, Salvatore; Sharma, Sindra
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 394-408
- climate change; cognition; credit; motivation; nationalities and ethnic groups; surveys; Fiji
- ... We investigate the interplay between individual's intrinsic motivation and green incentives on stated climate change adaptive behavior. Using experimental and survey data in the Fiji Islands, we find that intrinsic motivations favoring pro-environmental [beliefs] positively influence the intention to adapt. Moreover we find that green incentives crowd-in intrinsic pro-environmental motivations and ...