Jump to Main Content
- Wainger, Lisa A.; Helcoski, Ryan; Farge, Kevin W.; Espinola, Brandy A.; Green, Gary T.
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 107-116
- attitudes and opinions; ecosystem services; gender; habitats; humans; immigration; income; nationalities and ethnic groups; politics; surveys; wilderness
- ... Ecosystem service analysis aims to expand the accounting of human values for nature, yet frequently ignores or obfuscates a category of human values with potentially large magnitude, namely nonuse or passive use values. These values represent the satisfaction derived from the protection or restoration of species, habitats and wilderness areas, even if people never use them in any tangible way. The ...
- Niva, Mari; Jallinoja, Piia
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 349-360
- politics; purchasing; women; meat; ethics; regression analysis; surveys; milk; food production; food choices; food consumption; Finland
- ... This study looks at food as a realm of political consumption by examining buycotting and boycotting of foods for ethical, political or environmental reasons in Finland. The results of an Internet-based survey (N = 1021) showed that around half of the respondents often or occasionally both buycotted and boycotted foods. Multinomial regression models indicated that women, the highly educated, the po ...