Jump to Main Content
- Ariyawardana, Anoma; Lim-Camacho, Lilly; Crimp, Steven; Wellington, Michael; Somogyi, Simon
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 383-393
- business enterprises; climate; climate change; consumer attitudes; food industry; mangoes; potato chips; purchasing; surveys; willingness to pay; wines; Australia
- ... The viability of climate adaptation strategies adopted by agrifood companies rely heavily on how well consumers understand, accept and/or select commodities and their willingness to bare some of the cost of adaptation. To understand this issue in more detail, a survey was undertaken of 1532 Australian consumers to investigate how they respond to adaptation strategies in terms of acceptance and wil ...
- Niva, Mari; Jallinoja, Piia
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 349-360
- politics; purchasing; women; meat; ethics; regression analysis; surveys; milk; food production; food choices; food consumption; Finland
- ... This study looks at food as a realm of political consumption by examining buycotting and boycotting of foods for ethical, political or environmental reasons in Finland. The results of an Internet-based survey (N = 1021) showed that around half of the respondents often or occasionally both buycotted and boycotted foods. Multinomial regression models indicated that women, the highly educated, the po ...