Jump to Main Content
- Dittmer, Kristofer
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 9-16
- banking; capital; debt; economic development; economists; resource allocation
- ... 100 percent reserve banking (C-PeRB) is an enduring proposal for monetary reform that has been taken up by some ecological economists. This paper identifies three groups of green arguments in favor of C-PeRB, and offers some criticism. First, the proposal could serve to constrain new investments by the availability of savings, thereby checking economic growth. However, this would strongly increase ...
- Victor, Peter A.
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 93-100
- capital; ecological economics; economic development; input output analysis; macroeconomics; Iceland
- ... This speech was delivered at the meeting of the International Society for Ecological Economics at Reykjiavik, Iceland on the 13th of August 2014 at the presentation of the 2014 Kenneth E. Boulding Memorial Award. In the speech Peter Victor pays tribute to Kenneth Boulding, one of the pioneers of ecological economics, and then describes his own principal contributions to ecological economics over a ...