Jump to Main Content
- Misani, Nicola; Pogutz, Stefano
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 150-160
- carbon; environmental performance; finance; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; stakeholders
- ... We examine the roles of the outcome and process dimensions of environmental performance in determining financial performance as measured by Tobin's q. Outcomes refer to the impacts of the firm on the natural environment, while processes are the firm's actions to reduce these outcomes. We focus on a specific outcome – carbon emissions – and suggest that it affects Tobin's q non-linearly. We find th ...
- Balderas Torres, Arturo; MacMillan, Douglas C.; Skutsch, Margaret; Lovett, Jon C.
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 130-141
- air quality; carbon; carbon markets; climate change; cost effectiveness; ecosystem services; emissions; forestry; forests; issues and policy; models; recreation; spatial variation; willingness to pay; Mexico
- ... Forests provide many and large benefits, including cost-efficient climate change mitigation. However international carbon markets have not stimulated the demand for forestry offsets. Domestic market-mechanisms are emerging in many countries and forests could be highly valued through these policies as most of the benefits produced by forests are enjoyed locally. Here, a choice experiment explores d ...