Jump to Main Content
- Kirchner, Mathias; Schmidt, Johannes; Kindermann, Georg; Kulmer, Veronika; Mitter, Hermine; Prettenthaler, Franz; Rüdisser, Johannes; Schauppenlehner, Thomas; Schönhart, Martin; Strauss, Franziska; Tappeiner, Ulrike; Tasser, Erich; Schmid, Erwin
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 161-174
- agricultural land; agricultural policy; biomass production; carbon sinks; case studies; climate; climate change; ecosystem services; environmental policy; intensive farming; land use; landscapes; models; rural development; soil organic carbon; spatial variation; Austria
- ... We have developed an integrated modeling framework (IMF) to quantify indicators for ecosystem services (ES) and economic development (ED) in agricultural landscapes. Austria serves as a case study in which impacts, trade-offs, and synergies of ES and ED are assessed for different agricultural policy pathways and regional climate change scenarios. Agricultural intensification and incentivized use o ...
- Shaw, Christopher; Nerlich, Brigitte
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 34-40
- climate; climate change; cost benefit analysis; governance; international policy and programs
- ... This paper explores the emergence of a global climate change mitigation regime through an analysis of the language employed in international science-policy reports. We assume that a global climate regime can only operate effectively on the basis of a shared understanding of climate change which is itself based on a shared language of governance. We therefore carried out an in-depth thematic and me ...